Duck Hunting

0 Comments »

If you like to shoot Ducks there are two places that come to mind. Both these place are in Oregon 10 miles West of Eugene at the Fernridge Wildlife area. These are two of my most productive spots after spending hundreds of hours of hunting here. The two areas are above in the (picture). Area #1 needs two people. There is a big stump in this area. Set your decoys out North West of you. I sit back against the stump to hide my outline. The last time I was there I was waist deep in water so wear your chest waders and camouflage. It takes a boat to get there if you try to walk you will get stuck in the mud. After you have your decoys out the second person needs to take the boat around the lake. This gives your decoys action and helps move the rafts. The water level must be low for this to work. Good Luck! Area 2 below is at the end of Royal Avenue Street. You can walk to this area and all you need is waders. This area is a pond out in the marsh areas. It's fun and fast the Ducks are in on top of you quick, they fly right on top of the marsh. I personally love this kind of hunting. Set up South end of the pond. The lake is approximately 100 yards across and wide, easy to walk. I split my decoys with a 20 foot gap between them forcing the ducks to land in the middle for easier shooting. Check your state regulations and laws. You must fill out the hunter information card at the entrances. Be safe!CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE. Come back again..