Steelhead Fishing, Mckenzie River, Salmon,Trout

0 Comments »


My favorite river to fish for Steelhead is the McKenzie river in Oregon 20 minutes East of Springfield . Fishing for salmon here is also productive. This is a stretch of the McKenzie River to fish for Steelhead, Salmon and trout. I will show you where the most productive spots are. The biggest Steelhead I have caught on this river was 36 1/2 inches I wish I could have weighed it ,but I wasn't going to jeopardise the fish pulling it out of the water. I had parked my drift boat and was fishing off the bank and hooked into this Huge fish and if it weren't for another fisherman asking me to jump into his boat there is no way I would have ever landed it. Here is a Picture of the McKenzie river and where to fish. The best method I have found to use is a orange corkie and row for Salmon and Steelhead. Shrimp cocktail works well to. Good Luck, Come back soon to Hunting and Fishing,Outdoor Highlights.